Wrote love does
Recently I have attended a sermon written and spoken by the infamous Bob Goff. He is truly such a cool, fun- loving guy. And without even meeting him you can tell that he already loves you. I have been trying to work on, this year, loving people in different ways. Whether that be taking someone out to breakfast, which I did this week with one of my girls before church, or it could be going on a hike with a bunch of friends and shouting at the top of the hill, "WE LOVE YOU JESUS", which I did after church with my girls. Love has just been a recent theme in my life, not being loved, but giving it.
So, for those of you who did not have to privilage to meet, or hear Bob speak, here is a rundown of somethings, and verses he shared that made my stomach tingle at the sound of it.
Bob Goff's words from here on out:
- Jesus told peter he was a rock because he saw who he was going to become.
- The more stuff you do the more u figure out who god has made you to be
- "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel"— (Galatians 1:6 NIV)
- "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love. " (2 John 1:6 NIV)
- Forget bible study. It should be called bible doing.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Matthew 5:43-45 NIV)
- Jesus wants us to follow so closely to home that we flat tire his sandels when we walk behind him.
- Fail trying. Don't fail watching.
- being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6 NIV)
- Don't stalk jesus anymore. I'm going to actually get to know this guy.
- Live a life worthy of the calling you perceive.
- Don't u wish that jesus would just touch you on the nose?
- For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. (1 Corinthians 1:25 NIV)
- Your defines by your love.
- God sees us as origami. A bunch of creases that makes up a beautiful price of art in the end.
- Live a life worthy of the calling you've received
- If were gonna do love, be more inefficient with our loving.
- Telling everyone that they're wrong doesn't make u more right.